* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 6 oz andouille sausage, sliced into 1/4" inch thick slices
* 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
* 2 cups corn
* 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
* 7 cups water
* 2 tbsp chicken base
* 2.5 cups diced red potatoes
* 8 oz 51/60 shrimp, peeled and devined
* lemon wedges, optional
1. Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and sautee for a few minutes, until softened and then add the sausage. Brown the sausage and onions.
3. Add corn then saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add the water and chicken base. Bring the stock mixture to a boil and then add in 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning.
5. Add potatoes then turn heat down to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Once the potatoes are fork tender, add the shrimp to the pot. Cook about 3 minutes, then serve warm with slices of lemons.
Serves 4 | Calories 301 | Fat 10.9 g | Cholesterol 132 mg | Sodium 894 mg | Potassium 781 mg | Carbs 32 g | Fiber 3.6 g | Sugar 3.8 g | Protein 20.8 g